For Immediate Release
Patrick Mitchell, for Green America, pmitchell (at) hastingsgroup, 703-276-3266
2010 Holiday Green Gift Guide Issued by Green America
From Green Fishing Tackle to Eco-Friendly Weddings: Tips for Giving Gifts From Businesses That Support People and the Planet
WASHINGTON - Want to do something for your friends and family this holiday season that does more than just contribute to mindless consumerism? Where can you turn online for great last-minute gifts that are both green and affordable?
The new 2010 "Holiday Green Gift Guide" from the independent, non-profit Green America is an alternative shopping list for concerned consumers who want to give gifts that reflect their values. All of the businesses featured in the Gift Guide have undergone Green America's rigorous screening process for social and environmental responsibility.
Green America Green Business Network Director Denise Hamler, said: " This holiday season we're making green gift giving easier-and helping you save money too. Our Green Gift Guide features special offers from businesses listed in the National Green Pages TM. So this year, show you care by giving gifts from businesses that support people and the planet."
Categories included in the Green America's "Holiday Green Gift Guide" include: All Around Green ; Beauty and Body Care ; Children and Baby Products ; Clothing and Accessories ; Food and Drink ; For the Home ; and Gifts, Art & Accessories.
Among the fine companies and products featured in the 2010 "Holiday Green Gift Guide" are:
- Best Organics -- Share Earth's GoodnessTM. Shop Now and Save $5 on Boulder's Best Organics Holiday Gift Box Collections and wines from Bonterra Organic Vineyards. Enter Code Green2010 at www.bouldersbestorganics.com.
- Organic Bug -- Eco-friendly gifts~handmade, recycled, sustainable, fair trade apparel, home decor, toys & more! 15% discount HOLIDAY15 expires 12.15.10
- Sustainable Harvest International -- Give a Gift of Hope that Plants Trees, Restores Forests, Nourishes Communities.
- Hazelnut Kids -- Offering a beautiful selection of organic and natural toys, art materials, Waldorf dolls, playsilks and wooden kitchens.
- Equal Exchange -- Great Fair Trade Gifts for the Holidays. $5 off an order of $25 or more. Use code GAHOLIDAY during checkout.
- Green Bride Guide -- Unique eco-friendly home goods and gorgeous green gifts. 10% OFF with code GBN10
- Greenline Paper -- Great stocking stuffers like Wrap-N-Mats, Chico Bags, Fair Trade Chocolates, recycled-content CD Cases and Dated Products for 2011 from House of Doolittle.
- Bag-E Wash -- Creative solutions to bag dilemmas. Wash baggies in your dishwasher! Plus reusable produce bags and bag dryers.
- Green Tackle -- Give the gift of green fishing tackle. Save 10% using code: GREEN10 Greenheart Shop
- Organic Bouquet -- Save 5% on Eco-Elegant Holiday Flowers, Gourmet Gifts, Wreaths & More! Plus, Organic Bouquet will donate 10% of the proceeds to Green America.
Want to have an even greener holiday season this year? Also available from Green America is the article "Ten Ways to Green Your Holidays".
We know things are bad. We know it's worth the fight.
You are part of a strong and vibrant community of thinkers and doers who believe another world is possible. Alone we are weak. Together we can make a difference. At Common Dreams, we don't look away from the world—we are not afraid—our mission is to document those doing wrong and galvanize those doing good. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. We have now launched our annual Summer Campaign. Can you pitch in today?
Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982 and known until January 1, 2009 as "Co-op America." Green America’s mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.