Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Those Kids Crossing the Border From Mexico Wouldn't Be There If Obama Hadn't Supported a Coup the Media Doesn't Talk About
- A View from Gaza: This Is a Brutal Attack, Not a "Military Operation"
- Kneeling in Fenway Park to the Gods of War
Today's Top News
Report: Tea Party Gifford's Enemy, Father Says
The father of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was shot in the head Saturday, told The New York Post that the "whole tea party" was her enemy.
"They always get threatened," said Spencer Giffords.
Giffords was shot at close range along with several other people at a public event outside a Tucson grocery store. She is reportedly in surgery at a local hospital.
Giffords also reported the door to her Tucson office was smashed by vandals after she voted in favor of healthcare reform in March.
Tea Party Nation founder Judson Phillips condemned the attacks, but warned supporters that the Tea Party movement would be blamed by political opponents.
"While we need to take a moment to extend our sympathies to the families of those who died, we cannot allow the hard left to do what it tried to do in 1995 after the Oklahoma City bombing," he said.