For Immediate Release
Patrick Davis, (202) 222-0744, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Earth Action Endorses Candidates in Races Across the Country
WASHINGTON - Friends of the Earth Action today announced its endorsement of [number] gubernatorial, statewide, U.S. House and Senate candidates around the nation, moving the organization’s support behind candidates ready to protect our planet and resist the corruption of Donald Trump’s administration.
“These progressive candidates will fight for people and the planet and are a reflection of the American values that have been betrayed under Trump,” said Erich Pica, president of Friends of the Earth Action. “We proudly endorse these candidates who inspire hope in a progressive tomorrow.”
A complete list of Friends of the Earth Action’s endorsements follows:
- Andrew Gillum – Florida
- Stacey Abrams – Georgia
- Paulette Jordan – Idaho
- Ben Jealous – Maryland
- Christine Hallquist – Vermont
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
Never Miss a Beat.
Get our best delivered to your inbox.
- Zak Ringelstein – Maine
- Elizabeth Warren – Massachusetts
- Kirsten Gillibrand – New York
- Bernie Sanders – Vermont
- Tammy Baldwin – Wisconsin
- Ammar Campa-Najjar – California 50th District
- Ayanna Pressley – Massachusetts 7th District
- Rashida Tlaib – Michigan 13th District
- Ilhan Omar – Minnesota 5th District
- Kara Eastman – Nebraska 2nd District
- Deb Haaland – New Mexico 1st District
- Antonio Delgado – New York 19th District
- Dana Balter – New York 24th District
- Nydia Velazquez – New York 7th District
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – New York 14th District
- Scott Wallace – Pennsylvania 1st District
- Jess King – Pennsylvania 11th District
- Leslie Cockburn – Virginia 5th District
- Pramila Jayapal – Washington 7th District
- Mark Pocan – Wisconsin 2nd District
Statewide and Local Races
- Christa Yoakum – Nebraska Public Service Commission
- Steve Fischmann – New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
- Stephanie Garcia Richards – Land Commissioner of New Mexico
- Anita Earls - North Carolina Supreme Court
- Katy Eymann – Coos County (Oregon) Commission
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
Friends of the Earth Action provides extra political muscle on legislative battles here in the U.S. to our sister organization, Friends of the Earth, which is part of a network of affiliates in 76 nations around the world. Friends of the Earth Action and its affiliated PAC make thoughtful political endorsements, provide direct support to candidates and place environmentalists in the field on critical campaigns.