For Immediate Release
Mai Shiozaki, 202-628-8669, ext. 116; cell 202-641-1906
Leading Feminist Organizations Convene Summit to Discuss Solutions for Sexual Harassment
Enough is Enough Summit & Briefing April 25, 2018; Washington, DC
WASHINGTON - The Enough Is Enough campaign, launched in December by coalition partners National Organization for Women (NOW), Feminist Majority, National Congress of Black Women, UNITE HERE, Alianza Nacional de Campesinas, and Legal Momentum are holding a one-day summit and congressional briefing on April 25, 2018 in Washington, D.C. These groups are bringing together activists and allies to discuss strategies and craft initiatives to combat sexual violence and develop survivor-centric solutions on the ground, in the courts, and in Congress.
Through panels and discussion, the event will serve as an opportunity to listen to a diverse group of people – from survivors themselves to various activists and allies working across different industries and sectors. These participants will not only share their first-hand experiences with sexual violence and harassment, but help lay a groundwork of recommendations for actionable solutions. The goal of Enough is Enough is to shine light on what sexual harassment looks like for different communities, and how together we can work to craft informed solutions that address these specific barriers.
WHAT: Enough is Enough Summit Discussion Topics to Include:
- Strengthening Federal Law and Policy
- Model State Laws and Workplace Policies
- Countering Misogyny and Changing the Culture
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
One Day Left. We Still Need Your Help.
Common Dreams is the nonprofit news source for the 99%
Will you pitch in now to help meet our Winter Campaign goal?
WHO: Convening Leaders and Program Participants:
- Toni Van Pelt, President, National Organization for Women (NOW)
- Eleanor Smeal, Co-Founder & President, Feminist Majority
- Dr. E. Faye Williams, National President, National Congress of Black Women
- Maria Elena Durazo, General Vice-President, UNITE HERE
- Mónica Ramírez, President, Alianza Nacional de Campesinas
- Carol Robles-Román, President and CEO, Legal Momentum
- Carol Moody, Chief Operating Officer, Legal Momentum
Confirmed Speakers and Panelists:
- Gaylynn Burroughs, Policy Director, Feminist Majority Foundation
- Sunu Chandy, Legal Director, National Women’s Law Center
- Chai Feldblum, Commissioner, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Debra Katz, Founding Partner, Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP
- Sonia Ossorio, President, New York City NOW and NY State NOW
- Maya Raghu, Director of Workplace Equality and Senior Counsel, National Women’s Law Center
- Kathy Spillar, Executive Editor, Ms. Magazine
For an updated schedule of events and speakers, please visit http://bit.ly/EnoughSummit2018
WHEN: Thursday, April 25, 2018; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
WHERE: Congressional Visitors Center: Atrium and Auditorium First St. NE (at East Capitol St.), Washington, DC 20515
MEDIA: For media interested in attending the event, please contact Daniella Burgos at email@example.com; 202.695.8221.
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.