EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
March Against Monsanto Kicks Off Second Round Worldwide
Mass demonstrations against the biotech industry kicked off worldwide Saturday in the second "March Against Monsanto" in 6 months.
Marches are scheduled in 52 countries and over 500 cities to call for a boycott of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), harmful agro-chemicals, and a return to food sovereignty for small scale and independent food producers and consumers.
Photos, live-streams and tweets are pouring in across the social media sphere from rallies across the world.
The first "March Against Monsanto" took place last May and drew up to two million people.
See below for live twitter updates as they happen throughout the day.
Food justice expert and activist Vandana Shiva, who is marching with protesters today in London in correlation with her "Food Freedom Fornight" series of food justice actions, published a video message for March Against Monsanto marchers: