EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- What You Need to Know About the International Test Scores
Today's Top News
Occupy Chicago Joins Jane Addams Senior Caucus: Seniors, Disabled, Youth Lock Arms, Demand No Cuts
The Jane Addams Senior Caucus joined by Occupy Chicago participants staged an act of civil disobedience in Chicago yesterday.
Hufington Post reports that the protest was in response to proposed cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Housing and Urban Development (HUD.
From Progress Illinois: “I made the decision to participate in civil disobedience as an act of conscience," said Emily Byrd with the Jane Adams Senior Caucus (JASC). I could no longer stand idly by while vital safety net programs are in danger of being cut. What is at stake is not only seniors' ability to live with dignity and economic security, but the future of our country. I am here today to fight not just for seniors, but for my children and grandchildren.”