Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
CNN: Israel Behind Attack on Syrian Military Base
Israel was responsible for an explosion at a Syrian air base near the city of Latakia on Thursday, an unnamed Obama administration official confirmed to CNN.
"We don't refer to foreign reports," an Israeli Defense spokeswoman told CNN.
Earlier in the day, Haaretz and The Jerusalem Post had reported that the base had been destroyed by a missile fired from the sea, but did not confirm who was responsible.
Al-Arabiya had also reported earlier on Thursday that Israel was behind the attack, citing unnamed sources.
According to CNN and Al-Arabiya, the target of the strike was missiles Israel believed to be headed to Hezbollah forces in Lebanon.