For Immediate Release
Broad Coalition Collaborating on Poll to Assist Community on Timing, Efforts to Repeal Prop. 8 Should Court Uphold Marriage Ban
Representatives from a diverse coalition of faith, civil rights and LGBT organizations will host a conference call to announce the launch of an innovative, collaborative polling project to help determine the timing and targeting of efforts to repeal Proposition 8, should the California Supreme Court uphold the constitutional amendment banning marriage for same-sex couples.
The polling project will share qualitative and quantitative polling data with community members and stakeholders as part of a larger strategy to involve the community in the decision making process and engage the broad coalition of organizations to better coordinate and partner with on-going efforts to restore marriage for same-sex couples in California.
* Tawal Panyacosit Jr., Director, API Equality
* Rick Jacobs, Founder and Chair, Courage Campaign
* Marc Solomon, Marriage Director, Equality California
* Luis Lopez, President, Honor PAC
* Ron Buckmire, Board President, Jordan/Rustin Coalition
* Molly McKay, Media Director, Marriage Equality USA
* Reverend Eric Lee, President and CEO, Southern Christian Leadership Council of Greater Los Angeles
When: Tuesday, April 21 at 9:30 a.m. (PST).
How: Dial: 916.233.4202, Pass code: 2104405#
THE LAST FIREWALL AGAINST THE LIES
Independent media has become the last firewall against government and corporate lies. Yet, with frightening regularity, independent media sources are losing funding, closing down or being blacked out by Google and Facebook. Never before has independent media been more endangered. If you believe in Common Dreams, if you believe in people-powered independent media, please support our critical Winter campaign now and help us fight—with truths—against the lies that would smother our democracy. Please help keep Common Dreams alive and growing.