EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Pulitzer Vindicates: Snowden Journalists Win Top Honor
Today's Top News
Shooting at Los Angeles Intl Airport
A shooting was reported at the Los Angeles International Airport in California on Friday morning.
The shooting is reported to have occurred inside LAX's Terminal 3 and a large police presence had surrounded the building at approximately 10 am local time (1 pm EST).
Several people were reported wounded and one TSA officer was confirmed killed.
The Associated Press reports the latest details available as of early afternoon:
A gunman armed with a semi-automatic rifle opened fire at Los Angeles International Airport on Friday, killing a Transportation Security Administration employee and wounding two other people in an attack that frightened passengers and disrupted flights nationwide, officials said.
Los Angeles police Assistant Chief Earl Paysinger said the unidentified suspect, who was apparently injured following an exchange of gunfire with officers, was in custody.
Tim Kauffman, a spokesman for the American Federation of Government Employees in Washington, confirmed Friday that a TSA officer was killed. Kauffman said the union's information comes from their local officials in Los Angeles.
Updates on Twitter: