For Immediate Release
Constituents Make 200,000+ Calls to Congress Demanding Senate Convict and Disqualify Trump
WASHINGTON - Today, members of the bipartisan “Trump is Not Above the Law” coalition announced a coordinated grassroots campaign to aid constituents in contacting their senators to demand that Donald Trump be convicted during the upcoming impeachment trial and disqualified from ever holding federal office again.
The groups—including Common Cause, Daily Kos, Free Speech For People, Indivisible, MoveOn, PCCC, People For the American Way, Public Citizen, Sierra Club, and Stand Up America—have already generated over 200,000 constituent calls to congressional offices demanding that lawmakers vote to impeach, convict, and disqualify the disgraced former president after he incited a violent insurrection led by white supremacists.
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
Never Miss a Beat.
Get our best delivered to your inbox.
Americans in all 50 states have taken action to demand the Senate convict and disqualify, with the coalition coordinating the following actions:
- Common Cause has driven more than 15,000 calls and 65,000 petition signatures.
- Daily Kos has driven more than 30,000 calls, more than 255,000 letters, and 1.7 million petition signatures.
- HAZMAT America has collected 13,591 petition signatures through SeditionPetition.com calling for Trump to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
- Indivisible members have made more than 16,000 calls to lawmakers.
- MoveOn members have made more than 60,000 calls to lawmakers.
- People For the American Way has collected 32,900 signatures demanding conviction and disqualification.
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee has driven more than 4,000 calls to all 100 senators, over 165,000 petition signatures, and 5,500 tweets to lawmakers.
- Public Citizen has driven more than 2,500 calls and has coordinated organizing meetings attended by more than 1,000 activists, drawing more than 365,000 views on Facebook.
- Sierra Club has driven over 27,000 calls to congressional offices, over 1,400 tweets, and over 10,600 emails to Members of Congress.
- Stand Up America members have made over 52,000 calls to lawmakers from every state.
The Trump is Not Above the Law coalition’s grassroots efforts will ramp up as the U.S. Senate trial begins the week of February 8. Volunteers across the country are scheduling in-district meetings to lobby their senators, and additional grassroots actions planned targeting key senators.
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
Stand Up America is a progressive advocacy organization with over two million community members across the country. Focused on grassroots advocacy to strengthen our democracy and oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda, Stand Up America has driven over 600,000 phone calls to Congress and mobilized tens of thousands of protestors across the country.