EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- Bangladesh Garment Factory Ablaze As Worker Anger Boils
- What’s Good For Bill Gates Turns Out To Be Bad For Public Schools
- Top 10 Ways the US is the Most Corrupt Country in the World
- 'Black Friday' Civil Disobedience Targets Walmart's Poverty Wages
- East China Sea Tensions Soar as China Scrambles Fighter Jets Against US/Japan
Today's Top News
Peace Advocates Attempt 'War Crimes' Arrest of Condi Rice at RNC
Tampa police barred a dozen peace activists on Tuesday from entering an event attended by Condoleezza Rice after asserting their intention to perform a citizens arrest of the former Secretary of State for war crimes relating to her involvement with the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
After being refused entry the group performed a die-in on the sidewalk outside the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in the downtown area of Tampa. The activists laid out under sheets covered in red paint to signify the bloodshed they said Rice and other Bush administration officials unnecessarily caused in "their war of aggression."
# # #