For Immediate Release
Ryan Thomas, (763) 954-0470, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stand Up America Ramps Up Pressure on House Democrats to Start Impeachment Inquiry Based On Mueller Report Evidence
SUA Has Driven 25K Constituent Calls to Congress Urging Lawmakers to Support Impeachment Hearings
SUA Community Members Have Taken Action in Every Congressional District in the Country
New York - After launching a nationwide campaign last week urging Congress to swiftly begin impeachment hearings, Stand Up America is today announcing that the organization is ramping up pressure on House Democrats to demand that Congress immediately begin an impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump based on the evidence described in the Mueller report. The new push will include a peer-to-peer message program targeting constituents of Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee and new digital advertisements.
Momentum continues to grow for impeachment hearings, with multiple lawmakers reporting that the number of constituent calls in support of an impeachment inquiry has increased significantly following the launch of Stand Up America’s campaign.
Since launching the campaign, Stand Up America has driven 25,000 constituent calls to Congress, including calls in every congressional district in the country, through:
- Emails and social media driving tens of thousands of constituent calls to Congress;
- An SMS message program that urged community members to call their representatives—Democrats and Republicans in Congress—in support of impeachment inquiries; and
- Digital advertisements urging constituents to support impeachment hearings and join the Stand Up America community.
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
We must raise $75,000 during our Winter Campaign. Can you help?
The 1% own and operate the corporate media. They are doing everything they can to defend the status quo, squash dissent and protect the wealthy and the powerful. The Common Dreams media model is different. We cover the news that matters to the 99%. Our mission? To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.
The campaign’s new efforts will include:
- A new online tracker that will educate constituents about their representatives’ position on impeachment inquiries;
- The launch of a new website, StandUpCongress.com, a tool that enables constituents to schedule in-district office visits to urge lawmakers to support impeachment hearings;
- An SMS and peer-to-peer message program that will educate voters about their representatives’ position on an impeachment inquiry, with Stand Up America volunteers texting constituents using information from the voter file to specifically target constituents of House Democrats and House Judiciary Committee members; and
- New digital advertisements encouraging Americans across the country to support impeachment hearings and join the Stand Up America community.
“The evidence in the Mueller report is too damning for Congress to slow-walk this process,” said Sean Eldridge, Founder and President of Stand Up America. “As more information about Trump’s criminal conduct comes to light, support for impeachment hearings is growing across the country. It’s time for every lawmaker in Congress to go on the record about whether they believe Trump’s criminal conduct is acceptable—and we’re ensuring that representatives hear from their constituents in every single district.”
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
Stand Up America is a progressive advocacy organization with over two million community members across the country. Focused on grassroots advocacy to strengthen our democracy and oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda, Stand Up America has driven over 600,000 phone calls to Congress and mobilized tens of thousands of protestors across the country.