For Immediate Release
Inter-American Commission Calls for Closure of Guantanamo in Public Hearing
CEJIL and CCR Call for United States to Grant IACHR and UN Experts Access to Detention Center
WASHINGTON - The Center for Justice and International Law (CEJIL) and the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) appeared in a hearing convened by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR, Commission) to demand that the United States immediately close the detention center at the United States Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Guantánamo Advocacy at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR).
- IACHR Public Hearing – Human Rights Situation of the Detainees at Guantanamo Bay, United States, March 12, 2013, 147th Period of Sessions
- UN-IACHR Joint Declaration
- Precautionary Measure 259/13 – Detainees in the US military Base in Guantanamo – EXTENSION
- Resolution 2/11 – Regarding the Situation of the Detainees at Guantanamo Bay, United States, Precautionary Measures 259-02
- Djamel Ameziane profile
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Don't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
The Center for Constitutional Rights is dedicated to advancing and protecting the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Founded in 1966 by attorneys who represented civil rights movements in the South, CCR is a non-profit legal and educational organization committed to the creative use of law as a positive force for social change.