For Immediate Release
CAIR Condemns Racist, Neo-Nazi, Pro-Trump Vandalism of Va. Little League Complex
WASHINGTON - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today condemned racist, neo-Nazi and pro- Trump vandalism at the Tuckahoe Little League complex in Henrico, Va.
According to media reports, hate graffiti scrawled on the building included “White Power,” a Nazi swastika, racist messages about immigrants, and the word “Trump.”
“We condemn this hate vandalism as a symptom of the growing bigotry targeting minorities nationwide in that past year, and particularly following the November presidential election,” said CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper. “Our nation’s leaders must come together to repudiate hate and to reaffirm American values of racial, ethnic and religious inclusion.”
Earlier this week, CAIR’s national office expressed solidarity with the Jewish community in Montana after neo-Nazis announced plans to stage an armed, anti-Semitic march in that state and CAIR’s Arizona chapter expressed solidarity with the Jewish community after an apparent hate crime targeting a synagogue.
Faith community reaches out to Jewish congregation in Sun City after vandalism.
CAIR and the American Muslim community has in the past expressed solidarity with Jewish, Christian, Native American, African-American, and Sikh communities in New Mexico, Florida, South Carolina, Maryland, Alabama, Massachusetts, South Dakota, Ohio, Texas, and other states following acts of hate, violence, vandalism, arson, or bombings.
- SEE: CAIR, Coalition Partners Condemn Latest Incident of Nooses Discovered in Calvert County, Md.
- CAIR-Cincinnati, CAIR-Alabama Condemn Nazi Vandalism Targeting Interracial Couples
- CAIR Welcomes Denial of Easement for Dakota Access Pipeline
- CAIR Condemns Threat and Vandalism Targeting Home of Jewish Professor in Oberlin, Ohio
CAIR’s national headquarters in Washington, D.C., has noted an unprecedented spike in hate incidents targeting Muslims and other minority groups since the November 8 election.
- SEE: CAIR-OK Urges FBI to Join Hate Crime Probe of Pig Carcass Dumped at Islamic Center
- CAIR-LA Welcomes Arrest of Suspect in Stabbing of Muslim Near Simi Valley Mosque
- CAIR-NY Welcomes Sentencing of White Supremacist in Anti-Muslim Plot, Arrest of Man Who Assaulted Muslim Woman
The Washington-based civil rights and advocacy organization urges community members to report any bias incidents to police and to CAIR's Civil Rights Department at 202-742-6420 or by filing a report at: http://www.cair.com/civil-rights/report-an-incident/view/form.html
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.