Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Turn Up the Heat on Members of Congress During a Second Round of Resistance Recess
- At a local forum, hold your representative or senator to account on issues from the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to the fight for universal healthcare to President Trump's military escalation in Syria.
- Click here to find a town hall taking place near you.
- If your lawmakers are missing-in-action, find a creative way to highlight their absenteeism.
- Condemn President Donald Trump's Act of War in Syria.
Trump's missile strike "violates some of the most important legal constraints on the use of force."
- Call members of Congress (202-224-3121) and the White House (202-456-1111. ) Demand U.S. negotiations, not war, with Syrian & Russian governments.
- Tell Congress: Cancel recess and vote on Trump's war in Syria.
- Tell Congress: Any debate over Syria must start with accepting refugees who make it through our time-tested and thorough vetting process.
- Take action: Stop U.S. from making #Syria war even worse. Tell Congress: Don't let the U.S. escalate the war in Syria.
- Protect Net Neutrality
Now that they've gutted internet privacy, the Trump administration and Republicans are coming for net neutrality.
U.S. lawmakers are trying to get the Trump administration to pump the brakes on expanding U.S. military involvement in Yemen—even as the country faces widespread famine—CodePink is holding a week-long #FastingforYemen awareness event.
- Gear Up for Saturday's Tax March
In three days, people will march on Washington, D.C. and around the country to ask Donald Trump: What are you hiding?
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)