Unstoppable: Twenty-Five Proposed Redirections and Reforms Through Convergent Action
- Require that the Department of Defense (DOD) budget be audited annually, and disclose all government budgets. Secrecy destroys accountability.
- Establish rigorous procedures to evaluate the claims of businesses looking for a government handout which would end most corporate welfare and bailouts.
- Promote efficiency in government contracting and government spending.
- Adjust the minimum wage to inflation.
- Introduce specific forms of taxation reform as well as push to regain uncollected taxes.
- Break up the “Too Big to Fail” banks.
- Expand contributions to charity, using them to increase jobs and drawing on available “dead money.”
- Allow taxpayers the standing to sue, especially immunized governments and corporations.
- Further direct democracy—initiative, referendum, and recall, for starters.
- Push community self-reliance.
- Clear away the obstacles to a competitive electoral process.
- Defend and extend civil liberties.
- Enhance civic skills and experience for students.
- End unconstitutional wars and enforce Article 1, section 8, of the Declaration of War Act.
- Revise trade agreements to protect US sovereignty, and resume full congressional deliberations, ending fast track.
- Protect children from commercialism and its physical and mental exploitation and harm.
- Control more of the commons that we already own.
- End corporate personhood.
- Get tough on corporate crime, providing penalties and enforcement budgets.
- Ramp up investor power by strengthening investor-protection laws and by creating a penny brigade to pay for an investor watchdog agency.
- Oppose the patenting of life forms, including human genes.
- End the ineffective war on drugs.
- Push for environmentalism.
- Reform health care.
- Create convergent institutions
* List is excerpted from Chapter 4, Page 65 of Nader's latest book, "UNSTOPPABLE."
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.