RESIST DAY #90: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Sign up to attend a "Come Together and Fight Back" tour rally
Senator Bernie Sanders, DNC Chair Tom Perez and other Democratic Party leaders will be traveling to nine “red” and “purple” states starting on April 17th. Along with local activists they are tentatively scheduled to hold rallies in Maine, Kentucky, Florida, Nebraska, Utah, Montana, Arizona and Nevada. The purpose of their trip is to begin the process of creating a Democratic Party which is strong and active in all 50 states, and a party which focuses on grassroots activism and the needs of working families.
- Turn Up the Heat on Members of Congress During a Second Round of Resistance Recess
- At a local forum, hold your representative or senator to account on issues from the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to the fight for universal healthcare to President Trump's military escalation in Syria.
- Click here to find a town hall taking place near you.
- If your lawmakers are missing-in-action, find a creative way to highlight their absenteeism.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)