RESIST DAY #46: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Monday, March 6, 2017
- Voice your support for immigrants and refugees by opposing Trump's Muslim Ban 2.0 — #NoBanNoWall
Following the White House announcement of a re-vamped immigration and travel ban directed at people from Muslim-majority nations, rights advocates are saying the policy remains "unconstitutional" and Amnesty International is among those groups organizing a response:
- Tell your senator to oppose Trump's 'Muslim Ban 2.0'
- Find an event in your area here.
- If there isn't one, start organizing one here.
- Despite the bigotry and discrimination put forth by the Trump administration, let the world know #RefugeesWelcome
- Back the call for a Special Prosecutor to investigate serious questions about the Trump team's possible ties to Russia
With a new poll showing two-thirds Americans support a special prosecutor, call your member of Congress today to demand one be appointed to perform an independently investigation.
- Call your elected representatives today and tell them to support and independent investigation and a special prosecutor
- Continue organizing and planning for #DayWithoutAWoman — Wednesday (3/8) of this week
On International Women's Day— Wednesday, March 8th—women and their allies across the world will act together for equity, justice, and the human rights of women and all people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)