For Immediate Release
Diana Duarte, Media Coordinator
(212) 627-0444; email@example.com
Born into War: Exhibit of Photos and Drawings by Former Child Soldiers in Colombia and Uganda
NEW YORK - Today, MADRE will hold a public event to
highlight the tragic reality of childhoods destroyed and communities
fundamentally threatened by the use of child soldiers in conflict
- An exhibit of photos and drawings by former child soldiers in
Colombia and Uganda
- Silent auction of photographs by former child soldiers
- Short video of former child soldiers and MADRE's project
to support their recovery
- Reception to launch report by MADRE and our partners to
the UN Human Rights Committee
- Presentation by special guest, Anna Safir, on child soldiers in
- Guest speaker, Andrea Parra, Esq. of Women's Link
- Speaker, Lisa Davis, MADRE Human Rights Advocacy Director
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The Salt Space
1160 Broadway at 27th St.
New York, NY 10001
Proceeds will benefit MADRE's work to provide former child soldiers with
the support they need to create alternatives to a life of violence.
Last week, MADRE presented a report to the UN Human Rights Committee,
showing that Colombia's conflict and government policies continue to
generate grave human rights violations. Click here for more information about MADRE's human
rights advocacy to support the work of Colombian human rights defenders.
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Simply Won't Exist.