RESIST DAY #78: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Friday, April 7, 2017
- Condemn Donald Trump’s Reckless Act of War in Syria... And Organize to Stop More Endless, Senseless War
President Trump unilaterally and recklessly launched a military action in Syria on Thursday with no apparent plan for what comes next and with no legal authorization. This is not leadership and it will not make our country safer nor end the tragic human suffering in Syria. Make no mistake, this was an illegal act of war, launched in violation of the U.S. Constitution and international law.
- Call members of Congress (202-224-3121) and WhiteHouse (202-456-1111. ) Demand U.S. negotiations, not war, with Syrian & Russian governments.
- Tell Congress: Cancel recess and vote on Trump’s war in Syria.
- Take action: Stop U.S. from making
#Syria war even worse. Tell Congress: Don't let the U.S. escalate the war in Syria.
- RSVP for a Medicare For All rally in your city or state on Saturday (4/8)
Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) and several other organizations are co-organizing a day of action for single payer healthcare on April 8, to meet lawmakers returning to their home districts for a two-week recess. "With the swift defeat of the GOP bill, a grassroots movement toward a universal, single-payer health program is growing. Now is the time."
- Get Ready to Flex Your Constituent Muscles as Congressional Recess Starts Tomorrow
Members of Congress are leaving Washington and heading home for their “spring break” recess from April 7 to 23. Many of them will be holding town halls, where you and others can ask questions, express your views and otherwise do your job of holding your representative and senators accountable face-to-face. Elected officials too chicken to hold town halls still have offices you can visit – you and maybe a few hundred of your best friends, that is.
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)