RESIST DAY #35: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Thursday, February 23, 2017
- Stand With Trans Students
Tell your elected representatives to publicly condemn the Trump administration's attack on transgender students' civil rights.
- Confront your member of Congress today... #ReclaimRecess Continues
With congressional lawmakers in their home districts this week, the following tools have been established so you can find the Town Hall or public event nearest you:
- Reclaim Recess — The organizers behind the "Indivisible Guide" have created this online tool to locate (or create) upcoming actions, as well as a "Missing Members of Congress Action Plan" to help if your representative is dodging your concerns. On Twitter: #ReclaimRecess
- Town Hall Project — Just enter your zip code to find a Town Hall or similar event in your area.
- Recess Resistance — Organized by MoveOn members, another effort to hold lawmakers accountable. Check here for an event near you. On Twitter: #ResistanceRecess
- Take the "We Will Replace You" Primary Pledge (and Get Your Elected Democrat to Do the Same)
#WeWillReplaceYou continues its efforts to make sure Democrats are resisting Trump with everything they have. Learn more and take action here.
- Tell Trump's secretary of education Betsy DeVos that you support teachers, not her attack on public schools
The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) offered these example tweets:
- @BetsyDeVosEd should support public schools and ensure we have the tools needed to do our jobs. #Pencils4Betsy #LoveTeaching
- Educators spend hundreds of $ out of pocket every year on supplies for their classrooms. We #LoveTeaching, but need support. #Pencils4Betsy
- Chalk, books, markers, gym supplies, tissues and paper. Our schools need basic supplies, @BetsyDeVosED. #Pencils4Betsy #LoveTeaching
- Sign Up to Attend Event Defending ACA, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security this weekend
Our Revolution is helping to organize rallies in communities nationwide on Saturday 2/25. Find one near you (or create one) here.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Everyday: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling your lawmaker actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)