RESIST DAY #79: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Attend or a Medicare-for-All rally in your city or state today
The day of action is being organized by the Campaign for Guaranteed Healthcare, a coalition including Our Revolution and National Nurses United.
- Confront your lawmaker at a town hall event during their two-week recess
At a local forum, hold your representative or senator to account on issues from the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch to President Trump's military escalation in Syria.
- Tell Congress to cancel their vacation and debate Trump's new war
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) has said that Trump's missile strikes on Syria this week were "an act of war. Congress needs to come back into session [and] hold a debate. Anything less is an abdication of our responsibility."
- Call members of Congress (202-224-3121) and the White House (202-456-1111. ) Demand U.S. negotiations, not war, with Syrian & Russian governments.
- Tell Congress: Cancel recess and vote on Trump’s war in Syria.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)