

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FREE NEWSLETTER
Daily news & progressive opinion—funded by the people, not the corporations—delivered straight to your inbox.
5
#000000
#FFFFFF
To donate by check, phone, or other method, see our More Ways to Give page.


Daily news & progressive opinion—funded by the people, not the corporations—delivered straight to your inbox.

Palestinian rescuers remove the body of a victim from the site of an Israeli strike in al-Saftawi area west of Jabalia in the northern Gaza Strip on May 18, 2025.
On Sunday, Israel's prime minister said that Israel will permit a "basic" amount of food aid to enter the Gaza Strip. Israel has imposed a total blockade on humanitarian aid since early March.
Over 140 Palestinians in Gaza have been killed by Israeli strikes since early Sunday as part of a new ground operation launched by Israel, according to Al Jazeera, which cited medical sources.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday it had begun "extensive ground operations throughout northern and southern Gaza as part of Operation 'Gideon's Chariots.'"
According to The Associated Press, the offensive is the largest since Israel shattered an eight-week cease-fire in mid-March.
Local health officials report that over 3,000 Palestinians have been killed since that cease-fire ended, and 53,000 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, 2023, when Hamas attacked Israel, prompting Israel to launch a fierce military campaign on the enclave.
Amid reported Israeli attacks on the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza, the Gaza Health Ministry on Sunday said that all public hospitals in northern Gaza are "out of service."
Israel has also imposed a complete blockade of humanitarian aid into Gaza in early March, but according to the AP Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday his cabinet approved a move to permit a "basic" amount of food into the enclave.
On Sunday morning, the journalist Mehdi Hasan wrote on Bluesky: "135 Palestinians killed in Gaza so far today. Massacre after massacre, day after day. The world does nothing."
Dear Common Dreams reader, It’s been nearly 30 years since I co-founded Common Dreams with my late wife, Lina Newhouser. We had the radical notion that journalism should serve the public good, not corporate profits. It was clear to us from the outset what it would take to build such a project. No paid advertisements. No corporate sponsors. No millionaire publisher telling us what to think or do. Many people said we wouldn't last a year, but we proved those doubters wrong. Together with a tremendous team of journalists and dedicated staff, we built an independent media outlet free from the constraints of profits and corporate control. Our mission has always been simple: To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good. Building Common Dreams was not easy. Our survival was never guaranteed. When you take on the most powerful forces—Wall Street greed, fossil fuel industry destruction, Big Tech lobbyists, and uber-rich oligarchs who have spent billions upon billions rigging the economy and democracy in their favor—the only bulwark you have is supporters who believe in your work. But here’s the urgent message from me today. It's never been this bad out there. And it's never been this hard to keep us going. At the very moment Common Dreams is most needed, the threats we face are intensifying. We need your support now more than ever. We don't accept corporate advertising and never will. We don't have a paywall because we don't think people should be blocked from critical news based on their ability to pay. Everything we do is funded by the donations of readers like you. When everyone does the little they can afford, we are strong. But if that support retreats or dries up, so do we. Will you donate now to make sure Common Dreams not only survives but thrives? —Craig Brown, Co-founder |
Over 140 Palestinians in Gaza have been killed by Israeli strikes since early Sunday as part of a new ground operation launched by Israel, according to Al Jazeera, which cited medical sources.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday it had begun "extensive ground operations throughout northern and southern Gaza as part of Operation 'Gideon's Chariots.'"
According to The Associated Press, the offensive is the largest since Israel shattered an eight-week cease-fire in mid-March.
Local health officials report that over 3,000 Palestinians have been killed since that cease-fire ended, and 53,000 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, 2023, when Hamas attacked Israel, prompting Israel to launch a fierce military campaign on the enclave.
Amid reported Israeli attacks on the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza, the Gaza Health Ministry on Sunday said that all public hospitals in northern Gaza are "out of service."
Israel has also imposed a complete blockade of humanitarian aid into Gaza in early March, but according to the AP Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday his cabinet approved a move to permit a "basic" amount of food into the enclave.
On Sunday morning, the journalist Mehdi Hasan wrote on Bluesky: "135 Palestinians killed in Gaza so far today. Massacre after massacre, day after day. The world does nothing."
Over 140 Palestinians in Gaza have been killed by Israeli strikes since early Sunday as part of a new ground operation launched by Israel, according to Al Jazeera, which cited medical sources.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Sunday it had begun "extensive ground operations throughout northern and southern Gaza as part of Operation 'Gideon's Chariots.'"
According to The Associated Press, the offensive is the largest since Israel shattered an eight-week cease-fire in mid-March.
Local health officials report that over 3,000 Palestinians have been killed since that cease-fire ended, and 53,000 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, 2023, when Hamas attacked Israel, prompting Israel to launch a fierce military campaign on the enclave.
Amid reported Israeli attacks on the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza, the Gaza Health Ministry on Sunday said that all public hospitals in northern Gaza are "out of service."
Israel has also imposed a complete blockade of humanitarian aid into Gaza in early March, but according to the AP Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday his cabinet approved a move to permit a "basic" amount of food into the enclave.
On Sunday morning, the journalist Mehdi Hasan wrote on Bluesky: "135 Palestinians killed in Gaza so far today. Massacre after massacre, day after day. The world does nothing."