Mar 16, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Join a #Stakeout action today against Republican lawmakers
We can stop the Republicans and save our health care, if we raise our voices in unprecedented ways. That's why constituents are gathering outside the district offices of nine Republican Senators and 23 Republican Representatives who hold the decisive votes for peaceful "Stakeouts to Save Our Health Care" from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. today (and Friday, March 17) when members of Congress return home for a scheduled "district work period."
- Find a Stakeout event near you here.
- Follow the social media hashtag #StakeOut for ongoing updates.
- Not a Stakeout in your district? Tell your lawmaker you want them to #ProtectOurCare against Republican's plan to dismantle Affordable Care Act and Medicaid
Following this week's release of the CBO's "devastating" analysis of the House GOP's plan to destroy healthcare, the time is now to step up the pressure on your elected lawmaker to oppose this legislation
- Call your representativeNOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- Better yet, visit the local office of your elected member of congress and tell them in person you oppose #RyanCare #Trumpcare (or whatever name GOP wants to use). More resources here.
- Indivisible has provided resources and information here.
- Check out the Town Hall Project for upcoming Town Hall events in your area
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Keep reading...Show less
Our work is licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0). Feel free to republish and share widely.
We've had enough. The 1% own and operate the corporate media. They are doing everything they can to defend the status quo, squash dissent and protect the wealthy and the powerful. The Common Dreams media model is different. We cover the news that matters to the 99%. Our mission? To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good. How? Nonprofit. Independent. Reader-supported. Free to read. Free to republish. Free to share. With no advertising. No paywalls. No selling of your data. Thousands of small donations fund our newsroom and allow us to continue publishing. Can you chip in? We can't do it without you. Thank you.