RESIST DAY #51: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Sign up to attend a 'People Power' training today
Today, the ACLU is holding a nationwide Resistance Training as it launches People Power, a new effort to engage grassroots volunteers across the country and take the fight against Donald Trump’s policies not just into the courts, but into the streets. Gather with neighbors in communities across the country to watch the livestream together. Sign up and more info here.
- Defend the nation's healthcare system from Republican attack by joining the #ProtectOurCare fight
- Call your member of congress now. (Indivisible has provided a sample script here. Planned Parenthood has one here. And Contacting Congress has district-by-district numbers of who'll be affected by Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, repeal here. )
- Daily Action is also organizing calls aimed at GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan here.
- Demand your Member of Congress sign onto Rep. Bill Pascrell's resolution of inquiry on President Donald Trump's taxes as a co-sponsor. #CongressMustRequest
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License