Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Voice Your Support for Water Protectors as They Face Forced Eviction from #NoDAPL Camp
Government agencies have set a 2:00pm CST deadline for all remaining opponents of the Dakota Access Pipeline to leave the Sacred Stone Camp in North Dakota
- Confront your member of Congress today
With congressional lawmakers in their home districts this week, the following tools have been established so you can find the Town Hall or public event nearest you:
- Reclaim Recess — The organizers behind the "Indivisible Guide" have created this online tool to locate (or create) upcoming actions, as well as a "Missing Members of Congress Action Plan" to help if your representative is dodging your concerns. On Twitter: #ReclaimRecess
- Town Hall Project — Just enter your zip code to find a Town Hall or similar event in your area.
- Recess Resistance — Organized by MoveOn members, another effort to hold lawmakers accountable. Check here for an event near you. On Twitter: #ResistanceRecess
- Mobilize to Protect Women's Health and Stand with Planned Parenthood
Women and their allies are staging rallies and public events nationwide Wednesday—and throughout the week—to push back against the Trump/GOP attack on women's choice and women's health.
Find an event near you today. (If there isn't an event scheduled in your community, you can register to host one here.)
- Protect GOP Attack on Affordable Care Act in Your State
Take today's "Daily Action" by telling your State Senator to pass legislation to preserve the Affordable Care Act's consumer protections within your State. Without the ACA, insurance companies go back to charging women more than men, denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions and setting annual and lifetime limits on coverage - unless your State bans these practices (and many others that the ACA prohibits at a federal level).
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Everyday: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling your lawmaker actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)