Friday, March 10, 2017
RESIST DAY #50: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Friday March 10, 2017
- Stand with Native American tribes as they march in Washington, DC and in localized actions nationwide
The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Indigenous grassroots leaders called on allies across the U.S. and around the world to peacefully March on Washington D.C. today, asking that people rise in solidarity with the Indigenous peoples of the world whose rights protect Unci Maka (Grandmother Earth) for the future generations of all.
- FIght back to protect GOP attempt to destroy Medicaid
The Republicans’ new bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act and gut Medicaid is a disaster. Insurance premiums and deductibles would rise. Families would pay more for less. You, your family or your neighbors may not be able to get needed care. "With enough pressure, we can kill their bill before it kills us."
- Demand your lawmaker fight back against Republican attack on nation's healthcare system
- Sign up to attend a 'People Power' training this Saturday (Tomorrow -- 3/11)
On March 11, the ACLU is holding a Resistance Training. This event will launch People Power, the ACLU’s new effort to engage grassroots volunteers across the country and take the fight against Donald Trump’s policies not just into the courts, but into the streets. We’re organizing grassroots events in communities across the country to watch the livestream together. More info here.
- Check out NiftyFifty, which allows you to call your members of Congress while encouraging others to join your network and do the same
Fifty Nifty is a grassroots challenge to participate in democracy by building a network of friends that make calls to congresspeople in all 50 states. Live phone calls are the best way to directly express your opinion on an issue to your elected officials. Your mission is to pass this along to friends who will make calls and also pass the link along to others who will do the same. It's a social chain letter and a call to action for a better participatory democracy. Call and tell others to do the same. We’ll help you make the call and express your message.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License