For Immediate Release
Stand Up America Drives 50,000 Constituent Calls to Congress Demanding an Impeachment Inquiry After Mueller Report
SUA Community Members Have Taken Action in Every Congressional District in the Country
New York, NY - Just two weeks after launching a nationwide campaign urging House Democrats to swiftly begin impeachment hearings, Stand Up America is announcing that it has surpassed 50,000 constituent calls to Congress demanding an impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump based on the findings of the Mueller report.
In the past 48 hours alone, the Stand Up America community has made over 20,000 constituent calls, reaching every congressional district in the country. Hundreds of Stand Up America members have also pledged to visit lawmakers’ offices to demand impeachment inquiries.
“In every single congressional district, Americans are standing up and speaking out to ensure their representatives hear them loud and clear: no one is above the law in the United States of America,” said Stand Up America’s Political Director Brett Edkins. “The evidence in the Mueller report is far too damning to ignore. Donald Trump welcomed an attack on our democracy from a hostile foreign power and then broke the law to obstruct justice and bury the truth. That’s why Stand Up America members in every corner of the country are keeping up the pressure on lawmakers to swiftly begin an impeachment inquiry.”
Momentum continues to build for progressives calling for impeachment hearings, with at least 61 lawmakers publicly supporting an impeachment inquiry and many more reporting the increased number of constituent calls in support of an impeachment inquiry over the last week.
Stand Up America’s campaign to pressure House Democrats on impeachment includes:
- Emails and social media driving tens of thousands of constituent calls to Congress;
- A new online tracker that educates constituents about their representatives’ position on impeachment inquiries;
- The launch of a new website, StandUpCongress.com, a tool that enables constituents to schedule in-district office visits to urge lawmakers to support impeachment hearings;
- An SMS and peer-to-peer message program that educates voters about their representatives’ position on an impeachment inquiry, with Stand Up America volunteers texting constituents using information from the voter file to specifically target constituents of House Democrats and House Judiciary Committee members; and
- New digital advertisements encouraging Americans across the country to join the Stand Up America community in demanding an impeachment inquiry.
Stand Up America will continue to mobilize its community of nearly 2.4 million people to pressure House Democrats until they begin an impeachment inquiry.
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Won't Exist.
Please select a donation method:
Stand Up America is a progressive advocacy organization with over two million community members across the country. Focused on grassroots advocacy to strengthen our democracy and oppose Trump’s corrupt agenda, Stand Up America has driven over 600,000 phone calls to Congress and mobilized tens of thousands of protestors across the country.