For Immediate Release
Trump Lied Again About His Tax Cuts
WASHINGTON - Just a few hours ago, President Trump sat down with congressional leaders from the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus to discuss his tax cut plan. During the Q&A, Trump claimed that wealthy individuals will not benefit from his plan.
- Half of the tax cuts in Trump's plan will go to the top 1% (those making more than $732,900).
- The average tax cut for the top 1% will be $175,000.
- The average tax cut for a family making between $25,000 and $48,600 will be $210.
- A quarter of all families making between $48,600 to $86,100 will actually see their taxes INCREASE.
- Source: Tax Policy Center
Americans for Tax Fairness (ATF) is a diverse campaign of more than 425 national, state and local endorsing organizations united in support of a fair tax system that works for all Americans. It has come together based on the belief that the country needs comprehensive, progressive tax reform that results in greater revenue to meet our growing needs. This requires big corporations and the wealthy to pay their fair share in taxes, not to live by their own set of rules.