Tuesday, March 14, 2017
RESIST DAY #54: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Defend the nation's healthcare system from Republican destruction by joining the #ProtectOurCare fight
Following Monday's release of the CBO's "devastating" analysis of the House GOP's plan to destroy healthcare, the time is now to step up the pressure on your elected lawmaker to oppose this legislation
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- Tell your elected representive to vote against #RyanCare #Trumpcare (or whatever name they give the #AHCA)
- Indivisible has provided resources and information here.
- MoveOn.org is organizing local in-district "Congressional Stakeouts to Save Health Care" for Thursday (3/16) and Friday (3/17)
- Also, check out the Town Hall Project for other upcoming Town Hall events in your area (Additional resource from Indivisible).
- Resist this massive East Coast blizzard — #ResistTrumpTuesday
'This resistance is too strong to be slowed down by a little snow -- or even by a lot of snow,' say organizers behind #ResistTrumpTuesdays. Here’s a way to show your resistance that can also be fun for the whole family:
- Build a snowperson (or snowwoman, snowman, snow angel, snow wall to destroy);
- Make a sign about your resistance to Trump, and take a photo with the snowperson and your sign;
- Share the photo on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #ResistTrumpTuesdays (with the ‘s’);
- Tag your Senator/Representatives or add their Twitter handle;
- We’ll reshare the best ones and send them to the media to prove that even a massive blizzard can’t slow down the resistance movement.
- Celebrate Pi Day by supporting scientists and defending scientific integrity from Trump's attacks
Today (3.14 ... get it?) is a day to celebrate math and science, so do what you can to let the scientists know you value their contributions to make the world a better place
- Get your "Ides of Trump" postcard ready today
With the Ides of March tomorrow (Wednesday, March 15) people from around the country organizing to send the president a message the old-fashioned way: by postcard.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License