Friday, March 31, 2017
- Mobilize today for "People's Filibuster" against Neil Gorsuch tomorrow (Sat. 4/1)
With confirmation of Trump's far-right nominee to the US Supreme Court hanging in the balance, local and targeted #PeoplesFilibuster actions are taking place nationwide on Saturday (4/1) in order to pressure senators to #StopGorsuch
- Tell your lawmaker to #DefendClimate against Trump and Republican attack
In the wake of Trump's destructive "executive order on climate" signed this week and as the climate justice movement ramps up mobilization ahead of the People's Climate March and March for Science in April. President Trump’s attacks on climate and public health safeguards are nothing short of reckless. Enough is enough – we need our representatives to speak up and tell Trump to put people before polluters.
- Get on board to back the new push for a Medicare-for-All
With Sen. Bernie Sanders set to release new legislation to established a national 'Medicare for All' system in the U.S., you can let your elected lawmakers (and your friends and neighbors) know that you support a healthcare care system that leaves nobody out and lets everyone in.
- Tell Congressional Democrats: Fight for Medicare for All
- Tell your friends and allies why you support #MedicareforAll on social media
- Tell your lawmaker you support all means necessary to #Filibuster and #StopGorsuch
With a full vote next week, and with just over a dozen Democrats (and Sen. Angus King (I-ME)) still on the fence about filibustering the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court, it's an all-hands-on-deck effort to push those lawmakers to where they need to be.
- Call your U.S. Senators today and tell them you oppose Gorsuch. If they've already committed to join the filibuster, congratulate them (or send them flowers: #FilibusterFlowers)
- Share your opposition using the #WeObject and #StopGorsuch hashtags on social media
- Read the Indivisible Guide's "Supremely Extreme: Filibuster Gorsuch" resource page. And more here.
- Demand an independent commission to investigate possible Trump team ties with alleged Russian interference in last year's election
Amid the ongoing and bizarre developments in the controversy that has engulfed the White House and Capitol Hill, the call for a special prosecutor or independent body to investigate these serious and complex issues has reached a new zenith.
- Call your member of Congress (MoC) and tell them you support an independent comission or special prosecutor. (Sample script here.)
- Remove Rep. Devin Nunes from the House Intelligence Committee (MoveOn.org)
- Tell your MoC to back Rep. Adam Schiff's demand for independent commission and that you support the call by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) "for a total and complete shutdown of any
@realDonaldTrump agenda item" the facts are established and made public
- Follow and share on the #IndependentCommission and #FollowtheFacts hashtags on social media
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)