Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Mobilize to stop the Republicans from destroying the Affordable Care Act and slashing Medicaid
Tomorrow the House votes on
#Trumpcare. The folks at the 'Indivisible Guide' offer 5 things you can do to #SavetheACA right now:
- Show up at your Member of Congress' (MoC) District Office with your Indivisible group to demand that your MoC vote against the AHCA.
- Call your representative NOW. Demand they vote NO on the AHCA. (Here's a sample script)
- Spread the word on social media using #ProtectOurCare
- Get other involved. Leave nothing to chance!
- Plan a Friday district office visit to hold your MoCs accountable after the vote. (Find a Town Hall near your here.)
- Organize to #StopGorsuch from becoming next U.S. Supreme Court Justice
With the third day of his confirmation hearings underway, join national and local efforts to keep Neil Gorsuch from being confirmed to the nation's highest court.
Says People for the American, the group behind StopGorsuch.com: "Supreme Court justices should understand that the Constitution protects all of us, not just the wealthy and privileged. But Donald Trump has nominated Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, a judge whose record does not demonstrate respect for our constitutional values of liberty, equality, and justice for all."
Take action to #InvestigateTrump and Stop Gorsuch
Insist that your Senators either postpone Neil Gorsuch's hearing or vote NO on his nomination to the Supreme Court until the FBI concludes its investigation in possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia's alleged attempts to interfere with the 2016 elections.
- Tell your member of Congress to #SaveMedicaid
With a Capitol Hill rally and press conference taking place today, demand your lawmaker protect this crucial program from GOP assault
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- Better yet, visit the local office of your elected member of congress and tell them in person you oppose #RyanCare #Trumpcare (or whatever name GOP wants to use). More resources here.
- Indivisible has provides additional resources and information here.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)