RESIST DAY #33: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Confront your member of Congress today
With congressional lawmakers in their home districts this week, the following tools have been established so you can find the Town Hall or public event nearest you:
- Reclaim Recess — The organizers behind the "Indivisible Guide" have created this online tool to locate (or create) upcoming actions, as well as a "Missing Members of Congress Action Plan" to help if your representative is dodging your concerns. On Twitter: #ReclaimRecess
- Town Hall Project — Just enter your zip code to find a Town Hall or similar event in your area.
- Recess Resistance — Organized by MoveOn members, another effort to hold lawmakers accountable. Check here for an event near you. On Twitter: #ResistanceRecess
- Participate in #ResistTrumpTuesdays
Spearheaded by People's Action, Working Families Party, and MoveOn.org — people are pledging to make every Tuesday a day to stage public events in resistance to President Trump's agenda while strengthening a "movement for a people-and-planet agenda that serves the needs of all people, not just the wealthy and powerful." Check it out.
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Everyday: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling your lawmaker actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)