For Immediate Release
CREDO Statement on Trumpcare Delay
WASHINGTON - CREDO released the statement below in response to reports that the Senate will not vote on Trumpcare until after the July 4 recess:
“This is a key win in a long fight,” said CREDO Political Director Murshed Zaheed. "The momentum in the fight over health care in the United States is on the side of the anti-Trump resistance,” Zaheed continued. “The fact is, Trumpcare is a nightmare for Americans families now, and it will still be a nightmare after the July 4 recess.”
“CREDO will escalate pressure on Republican senators during the recess and until Trumpcare is dead,” Zaheed continued. “Through grassroots campaigning and multi-channel digital campaigns, we’ll make it clear to senators that stealing Americans’ health care to provide tax cuts for the rich is a political liability they can’t afford.”
“CREDO will continue fighting until we have stopped Trumpcare once and for all,” he added.
CREDO is conducting a full court press in opposition to Trumpcare:
- Purchased strategically placed #ResistTrumpcare billboards in 5 states.
- Generated 45,000+ phone calls to congressional offices.
- Produced a series of hard hitting videos that have been viewed 20 million times.
- Collected 650,000+ anti-Trumpcare petition signatures.
- Deployed geotargeted #ResistTrumpcare Snapchat filters in Washington, D.C. and 8 states.
CREDO Action, part of CREDO Mobile, is a social change network of 4 million activists, sending millions of petition signatures and more than 100,000 phone calls to decision-makers each year. CREDO Action members also participate in meetings, protests and other direct action for progressive change.