RESIST DAY #76: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- Recess is coming. Find a town hall near you
With members of congress heading home at the end of this week for recess that runs from April 8 - April 23, it's time to get together with your friends and neighbors and plan your next moves
- Go to the Town Hall Project to find an event in your district here.
- Tell Sen. Mitch McConnell, Majority Leader of the Republican-controlled Senate, there will be big consequences for going "nuclear" over Neil Gorsuch
Republican leader Mitch McConnell has threatened to change the rules by the end of the week so that only a simple majority vote is needed to approve Gorsuch. Even Republicans describe McConnell's threat as the "nuclear option" because it would destroy the way the Senate works and destroy the possibility of bipartisan cooperation. But if McConnell uses this nuclear option, it's only because he believes that the Democrats are too mild-mannered and too polite to actually make it nuclear. To be blunt: McConnell doesn't believe that our Democratic Senators have the conviction or the stamina to punish him. Today's Daily Action if, one of your Senators has backed the filibuster, is to tell them the fight isn't over yet and they need to go public with their intentions to shut the Senate down if McConnell goes "nuclear."
- Act now and tell your senator (Call 1-844-241-1141) there will be consequences if the senate goes nuclear in the name of appointed this far-right judge to the U.S. Supreme Court
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License