RESIST DAY #66: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Tell your lawmaker you support all means necessary to Stop Gorsuch
After Senate Democrats indicated they are willing to filibuster the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court, they need your help urging them to hold the line on that effort.
- Call your U.S. Senators and tell them you oppose Gorsuch. If they've already committed to join the filibuster, congratulate them (or send them flowers: #FilibusterFlowers)
- Share your opposition using the #WeObject and #StopGorsuch hashtags on social media
- Read the Indivisible Guide's "Supremely Extreme: Filibuster Gorsuch" resource page. And more here.
- Demand an independent commission to investigate possible Trump team ties with alleged Russian interference in last year's election
Amid the ongoing and bizarre developments in the controversy that has engulfed the White House and Capitol Hill, the call for an independent body to investigate these serious and complex issues has reached a new zenith.
- Call your member of Congress (MoC) and tell them you support an independent comission or special prosecutor. (Sample script here.)
- Tell your MoC to back Rep. Adam Schiff's demand for independent commission and that you support the call by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) "for a total and complete shutdown of any @realDonaldTrump agenda item" the facts are established and made public
- Follow and share on the #IndependentCommission and #FollowtheFacts hashtags on social media
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License