RESIST DAY #64: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Friday, March 24, 2017
- Take action this minute to #KilltheBill and #ProtectOurCare
With the U.S. House now scheduled to vote Friday afternoon on the Republican's "repeal & ruin" healthcare bill, officially the American Health Care Act (AHCA), the Trump resistance movement is mobilizing nationwide to oppose the legislation and vowing to hold those who do vote in favor accountable for their role in kicking millions of people off their coverage and making everyone else "pay more for less" as they gut Medicaid and destroy improvements achieved under the Affordable Care Act (the ACA or Obamacare).
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by 'Contacting Congress'.
- Stand with women's health and Planned Parenthood by tweeting directly at your lawmaker demanding they vote 'No' on the bill.
- Spread the word on social media using the #KilltheBill and #ProtectOurCare hashtags
- Check out the Town Hall project to find an upcoming Town Hall event or rall near your here.
- Call Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee and demand they rescind their decision to cancel a planned public hearing on Trump/Russia ties
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, on Friday accused his GOP colleagues of moving to "choke off public information" by cancelling a planned public hearing next week that would feature key witnesses.
- Here is a list of the Republican members of that committee (including their contact info). Call their offices now and tell them to re-schedule the hearing.
- Tell your lawmaker you support all means necessary to Stop Gorsuch
After Senate Democrats indicated Thursday they are willing to filibuster the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court, they need your help urging them to hold the line on that effort.
- Call your U.S. Senators and tell them you oppose Gorsuch. If they've already committed to join the filibuster, congratulate them (or send them flowers: #FilibusterFlowers)
- Share your opposition using the #WeObject and #StopGorsuch hashtags on social media
- Read the Indivisible Guide's "Supremely Extreme: Filibuster Gorsuch" resource page.
- Demand an independent commission to investigate possible Trump team ties with alleged Russian interference in last year's election
Amid the ongoing and bizarre developments in the controversy that has engulfed the White House and Capitol Hill, the call for an independent body to investigate these serious and complex issues has reached a new zenith.
- Call your member of Congress (MoC) and tell them you support an independent comission or special prosecutor. (Sample script here.)
- Tell your MoC you support the call by Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) "for a total and complete shutdown of any
@realDonaldTrump agenda item until FBI investigation is completed."
- Follow and share on the #IndependentCommission hashtag on social media
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)