Thursday, March 23, 2017
RESIST DAY #63: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Call. Visit. Organize. Act today to #ProtectOurCare
With the U.S. House today expected to debate and vote on the Republican's "repeal & ruin" healthcare bill, officially the American Health Care Act (AHCA), the Trump resistance movement is mobilizing nationwide to oppose the legislation and vowing to hold those who do vote in favor accountable for their role in kicking millions of people off their coverage and making everyone else "pay more for less" as they gut Medicaid and destroy improvements achieved under the Affordable Care Act (the ACA or Obamacare).
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by 'Contacting Congress'.
- Stand with women's health and Planned Parenthood by tweeting directly at your lawmaker demanding they vote 'No' on the bill.
- Spread the word on social media using #ProtectOurCare
- Plan a Friday district office visit to hold your member of congress accountable after the vote. (Find a Town Hall near your here.)
- Tell your lawmaker you support all means necessary to Stop Gorsuch
Reporting today indicates the Senate Democrats are willing to filibuster the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch, President Trump's nominee to the Supreme Court.
- Call your U.S. Senators and tell them you oppose Gorsuch. If they've already committed to join the filibuster, congratulate them (or send them flowers: #FilibusterFlowers)
- Share your opposition using the #WeObject and #StopGorsuch hashtags on social media
- Read the Indivisible Guide's "Supremely Extreme: Filibuster Gorsuch" resource page.
- Demand an independent commission to investigate possible Trump team ties with alleged Russian interference in last year's election
After the latest bizarre development in the controversy that he engulfed the White House and Capitol Hill, the call for an independent body to investigate these serious and complex issues has reached a new zenith.
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License