Sunday, March 19, 2017
RESIST DAY #59: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Join tonight's strategy call with MoveOn.org and others
RSVP now for tonight's "Ready to Resist Call" [Sunday, March 19 at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT)]. We'll discuss the next phase of strategy to save our health care, in light of the House vote on Trumpcare being slated to take place this week. We'll also learn about Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, and how we can resist his nomination.
- Attend a Town Hall in your district and tell your lawmaker to stand against the Trump/Republican agenda
With members of congress back in their districts for a long weekend, Town Halls and similar events are happening locally nationwide
- Tell your lawmaker you want them to #ProtectOurCare against Republican's plan to dismantle Affordable Care Act and Medicaid
Following this week's release of the CBO's "devastating" analysis of the House GOP's plan to destroy healthcare, the time is now to step up the pressure on your elected lawmaker to oppose this legislation
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- Better yet, visit the local office of your elected member of congress and tell them in person you oppose #RyanCare #Trumpcare (or whatever name GOP wants to use). More resources here.
- Indivisible has provides additional resources and information here.
- Organize to #StopGorsuch from becoming U.S. Supreme Court Justice
With his confirmation hearings set to begin Monday, join national and local efforts to keep Neil Gorsuch from being confirmed to the nation's highest court
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License