Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Tell your lawmaker you want them to #ProtectOurCare against Republican's plan to dismantle Affordable Care Act and Medicaid
Following this week's release of the CBO's "devastating" analysis of the House GOP's plan to destroy healthcare, the time is now to step up the pressure on your elected lawmaker to oppose this legislation
- Call your representative NOW using the district-specific Affordable Care Act numbers provided by Contacting Congress.
- Tell your elected representive to vote against #RyanCare #Trumpcare (or whatever name they give the #AHCA)
- Indivisible has provided resources and information here.
- Check out the Town Hall Project for other upcoming Town Hall events in your area
- Start organizing for #Stakeout(s) against Republican lawmakers on Thurs (3/16) and Fri. (3/17), spearheaded by MoveOn.org
We can stop them and save our health care, if we raise our voices in unprecedented ways. That’s why constituents will gather outside the district offices of nine Republican Senators and 23 Republican Representatives who hold the decisive votes for peaceful "Stakeouts to Save Our Health Care" from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. this Thursday and Friday, March 16 and 17, when members of Congress return home for a scheduled "district work period".
- Join those calling on the Senate to #StopGorsuch
With confirmation hearings set to begin next week for Trump's Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, Democratic lawmakers and constituents nationwide are saying #WeObject and vowing to #StopGorsuch from bringing his anti-woman, pro-corporate agenda to the highest U.S. court.
— Planned Parenthood (@PPact) March 15, 2017
— NARAL (@NARAL) March 15, 2017
- Help expose Republican hypocrisy by joining this demand that congressional lawmakers give up their subsidized care as they have said regular Americans must do
Highlighting the hypocrisy of members of Congress who benefit from large healthcare subsidies at the same time that they work to kick millions of Americans off of their health coverage, a man who lost his father to cancer because he was uninsured has created a petition demanding an end to those subsidies for lawmakers.
- Sign the petition now.
- Call your elected representative and ask them why their coverage is more important than your friends, family, and neighbors
- Post your "Ides of Trump" postcard today
Today is the Ides of March (Beware! Mr. Trump) and people from around the country have organized to send the president a message the old-fashioned way: by postcard.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)