RESIST DAY #48: What You Can Do Today
Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Participate into today's #DayWithoutAWoman
Today is International Women's Day and women and their allies across the world are acting together for equity, justice, and the human rights of women and all people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity.
Anyone, anywhere, can join in one or all of the following ways:
- Women take the day off, from paid and unpaid labor
- Avoid shopping for one day (with exceptions for small, women- and minority-owned businesses).
- Wear RED in solidarity with A Day Without A Woman (Check out #WearRed on social media)
- Learn more on the Women's March and International Women's Strike (IWS) websites
- Tell people what you're fighting for, and encourage them to join the cause, by sharing your story/demand using the #IStrikefor hashtag
- Find events and actions by location here
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)