Mar 03, 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017
- Stop Republicans from keeping their Obamacare repeal bill hidden from public. What Are They Afraid of? Demand #NoScoreNoVote
GOP members in the House are avoiding regular order by keeping their repeal plan for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) hidden from public view and it appears as though they are trying to ram through a vote on their bill before the cost of repeal can be objectively calculated by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO)--an unprecedented move.
- Tell your member of Congress that recusal not enough; that Attorney General Jeff Sessions must resign; demand special prosecutor
Call your Representative and two Senators today and ask that they make a public statement calling on AG Jeff Sessions to resign. It's not that he had a communications with Russian officials, it's that he lied about it. By Sessions' own standards, someone who has committed perjury must leave office. Demand a special counsel.
- Continue organizing and planning for #DayWithoutAWoman -- Only five days away
On International Women's Day-- Wednesday, March 8th--women and their allies across the world will act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)
Keep reading...Show less
Our work is licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0). Feel free to republish and share widely.
We've had enough. The 1% own and operate the corporate media. They are doing everything they can to defend the status quo, squash dissent and protect the wealthy and the powerful. The Common Dreams media model is different. We cover the news that matters to the 99%. Our mission? To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good. How? Nonprofit. Independent. Reader-supported. Free to read. Free to republish. Free to share. With no advertising. No paywalls. No selling of your data. Thousands of small donations fund our newsroom and allow us to continue publishing. Can you chip in? We can't do it without you. Thank you.