Thursday, March 2, 2017
- Demand President Trump Tell His Attorney General "You're Fired" After Revelations He Lied During His Senate Confirmation Hearing
Following reporting from the Washington Post last night, a firestorm of criticism is being directed at U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions to either resign or at least recuse himself from any investigation into Russian meddling in last year's election
- Call your member of Congress now and tell them you believe Sessions must either fully recuse himself from ongoing probes or resign
- Sign onto this campaign calling on Trump to tell Sessions "You're Fired"
- If you live in DC, a rapid-response protest has been organized for noon on Thursday (3/2) outside the Department of Justice (950 Penn Ave NW). More info/RSVP here.
- Tell Senate Minority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer to #DropManchin from his Democratic Leadership position. Learn more ... Take action.
"If Schumer wants to show that he’s with the resistance, he needs to remove Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV), a man who proudly gives Trump standing ovations, buddies up with Breitbart News, and votes for the Republican party’s agenda of hate and corporate cronyism, from party leadership."
- Continue organizing and planning for #DayWithoutAWoman — Just six days away
On International Women's Day— Wednesday, March 8th—women and their allies across the world will act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity
What You Can Be Doing Everyday
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)