Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Join the #PeoplesAddress effort today and tonight with a "cacerolazo" or speech of your own
To counter (or drown out) President Trump's first speech to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night, people in Washington, D.C. and in local communities around the country are mobilizing for a #PeoplesAddress:
- Backed by organizers behind #ResistTrumpTuesdays, find an event near you and more information (what's a Cacerolazo anyway?) here.
— WorkingFamiliesParty (@WorkingFamilies) February 27, 2017
- Demand your lawmaker support the "Resolution of Inquiry" into Trump's conflicts of interest and his team's contact with Russian officials
The House Judiciary Committee is expected to vote on a bill (H.Res. 111) Tuesday, known as "Resolution of Inquiry" and introduced by Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), which would require the DOJ to provide to the House all records related to investigations of Trump and his campaign pertaining to Russia, as well as conflicts of interest stemming from the President Trump’s failure to divest. While it has been expected that the Committee will defeat the measure on a party line vote, this weekend Darrell Issa (R-CA) expressed support for a special prosecutor in the Russia matter. In light of Issa’s call for a serious investigation, it is quite possible he will support the Inquiry. Issa’s statement suggests constituent pressure for a serious investigation of the President’s Russia ties and conflicts is building and having an effect on some Republicans who will be required to vote on the record on Nadler’s Inquiry.
- Call the House Judiciary Committee at (202) 225-3951 NOW and tell them you support the Resolution of Inquiry;
- If your Representative is on the House Judiciary Committee, call and ask him/her to support the Resolution of Inquiry. Use this link to determine if your Representative is on the Committee and for district office numbers;
- Read the Indivisible Guide's action plan for further information/guidance: "Mandate Disclosure on Trump's Conflict of Interest"
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling your lawmaker actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)