For Immediate Release
Defend CEO-Worker Pay Disclosure Law from Conservative Attack
But now GOP lawmakers are moving to repeal this disclosure mandate before the federal Securities and Exchange Commission can write the regulations necessary to enforce it. A bill by New York Republican Nan Hayworth — that would free companies from the shame of having to reveal their internal pay gaps — has already passed a key House subscommittee.
Please act now to support this important step towards pay equity.
- Click to call your member of Congress toll-free to urge them to block efforts to repeal the CEO-worker pay ratio disclosure law.
- Send a letter to the editor with our online tool.
- IPS comments to the SEC on the CEO-worker Pay Disclosure Rule
- The Paycheck Data CEOs Don’t Want Us to See
- AFL-CIO Paywatch
- Americans for Financial Reform letter to Congress on HR 1062
Institute for Policy Studies turns Ideas into Action for Peace, Justice and the Environment. We strengthen social movements with independent research, visionary thinking, and links to the grassroots, scholars and elected officials. I.F. Stone once called IPS "the think tank for the rest of us." Since 1963, we have empowered people to build healthy and democratic societies in communities, the US, and the world. Click here to learn more, or read the latest below.