Amid Lies of Trump and Sessions, 7 Truths About Immigration
Lots of misinformation leads to massive amounts of inhumanity
Amid President Donald Trump's escalating lies, here are a few realities:
1. A record high of 75 percent of Americans now say immigration is a “good thing” for the country.
2. America needs more immigrants, not fewer, because our population is rapidly aging.
5. Trump’s claim that undocumented immigrants generate more crime is dead wrong. Both legal and undocumented immigrants are significantly less likely to commit crimes than people born in the United States.
6. Violent crime rates in America are actually at historical lows, with the homicide rate back to its level from the early 1960s.
7. Illegal border crossings have been declining since 2014 – long before Trump’s “crackdown.” There is no “surge” in illegal immigration.
Please spread the truth.
This is the world we live in. This is the world we cover.
Because of people like you, another world is possible. There are many battles to be won, but we will battle them together—all of us. Common Dreams is not your normal news site. We don't survive on clicks. We don't want advertising dollars. We want the world to be a better place. But we can't do it alone. It doesn't work that way. We need you. If you can help today—because every gift of every size matters—please do. Without Your Support We Won't Exist.
Please select a donation method: