EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- US Is an Oligarchy Not a Democracy, says Scientific Study
- DOJ Investigation Confirms: Albuquerque Police 'Executing' Citizens
- What Do the Koch Brothers Really Want?
- Tutu: Climate Crisis Demands 'Anti-Apartheid-Style Boycott' of Fossil Fuel Industry
- Why US Fracking Companies Are Licking Their Lips Over Ukraine
Today's Top News
Robert Reich: What Obama Must Do Next
It's widely believed our biggest national problem is the deficit. It isn't. The deficit is down to about 5 percent of GDP -- what it was when Bill Clinton became President.
Now, we must take on continuing high unemployment, falling wages, and widening inequality -- all of which are about to become worse as the government lays off hundreds of thousands more, cuts vital safety nets and investments, and withdraws additional billions from the economy. So what steps must the president take? Robert Reich (Professor of Public Policy at UC Berkeley, and former Labor Secretary) explains why the sequester must be repealed.