Sign-Up for Newsletter!
Most Popular This Week
- Members of Congress Declare "Immunity" from Insider Trading Probe
- Afraid to Stoke Populist Ire, Obama Abandons 'Inequality' Rhetoric
- Supreme Court's Women in Scathing Dissent on Contraception Ruling
- NSA 'Bombshell': Agency Spied on Prominent American Citizens
- Unpatriotic US Corporations Becoming Hot Political Issue That Unites Right and Left
Today's Top News
Rolling Jubilee Live Telethon (8pm est): A Bailout of the People by the People
The Rolling Jubilee is holding a live telethon tonight, Thursday November 15 at 8pm eastern. Watch the live stream of the event here.
The Rolling Jubilee is a new project inspired by the occupy movement, which raises money to buy debt from banks, but turns around and abolishes it.
"Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits," the organization states on its site.
The group has already raised nearly four times its stated goal of $50,000, which alone could erase up to $1 million worth of debt.