EMAIL SIGN UP!
Most Popular This Week
- What the US Media Won't Tell You About Ukraine
- Heard the One About Obama Denouncing a Breach of International Law?
- Bernie Sanders: 'I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States'
- New England on 'High Alert' After Canadian Pipeline Reversal Approved
- Hundreds of Students Arrested Demanding Climate Action
Today's Top News
Goldman Prize Winner Evgenia Chirikova: Fighting for the 'Green Lungs' of Moscow
Today the Goldman Environmental Foundation awards six grassroots heroes for their environmental activism.
For the past 23 years, the prize has been awarded to environmental activists in the world’s six inhabited continental regions.
Among the winners this year is Evgenia Chirikova of Russia who's been working tireless to protect the Khimki Forest, the “green lungs" of Moscow, from a highway that would destroy the forest.
The video below from the Goldman Prize highlights her work:
Click here to see videos on the activism the other five winners of this year's Goldman Prize have been doing.