Friday, April 28, 2017
- MARCH in today's Peoples March for Climate, Jobs, and Justice
Join the Peoples Climate Movement on April 29th in Washington, D.C., and across the country to stand up for our communities and climate.
- Find a sister march, bus, or local group here.
- March details and logistics.
- Support 350Seattle's effort to Shut Down Chase and Defund Disaster
On May 8th, 350Seattle and allies will will shut down Chase bank branches throughout the city to demand the bank not fund Keystone XL, or any other new tar sands infrastructure. This action is led by the same coalition that helped to lead the successful fight to persuade the City of Seattle to take its money out of Wells Fargo due to Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL) funding in February.
- Are you a Chase customer? Close your account, and send Chase CEO Jamie Dimon a "Dear Jamie" breakup letter. (To make it even more effective, find the name and email address of your branch manager and send it to him or her, too—it’s important for the local branches to understand why people are suddenly leaving.)
- Join the fight to save the open internet
"This is an all-hands-on-deck moment for every American," say defenders of net neutrality. "Millions of people fought for over a decade to secure lasting Net Neutrality protections," says Free Press. "We will not accept anything less. We urge you to reject any attacks on real Net Neutrality."
- Take action now. Tell your lawmaker that Net Neutrality is not negotiable.
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide's "Capitol Calendar." See if there's a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn't, start one.
- 'The Resistance Calendar' also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive 'Daily Action' on your mobile device
- Every day: Make your voice heard with "5 Calls" (because calling actually works)
- Every Sunday: Join "Ready to Resist" Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday: #ResistTrumpTuesdays (or on Twitter)